Becoming a ‘Solar Referrer’ and the process:
The process is easy, start spreading the word to your friends, family, and neighbors. As a Solar Referrer you will be entitled to rewards and discounts as you create lead traffic for Downstream. Once downstream receives a lead, the qualification process begins as a Downstream representative starts to build rapport with this new lead. Once this lead has been converted to a happy Downstream customer, it is then that you will receive a payment in return for your efforts.
Our referral rewards program*:
- $50 per referral
- $500 per converted referral
- $1000 for every third converted referral
- Any of these rewards can be applied towards a system of your own.
- The reward can be donated in your name to a non-profit of your choice.
Here’s how to get started:
- Start talking with your friends, family, and neighbors about your experience going solar or interest in eventually going solar.
- Explain the referral process to them so they know they will also receive a discount for going solar.
- If they are interested, submit their information through the form below or have them call Nick at 315-796-5657.
Finding a good referral:
How will you know if someone is a good candidate? Below we have provided a few key things to pay attention to. We of course are happy to talk with anyone about solar and about how they may benefit. So, in the end, feel free to pass them along regardless of whether they meet the following criteria.
- Someone that has expressed interest in your solar system or solar energy in the past.
- Someone that has electricity bills in excess of $50/month.
- Someone that may be interested in purchasing an electric car, heat pumps, or building an addition.
Host a Solar House Party:
Another way to generator interest and referrals is to host a Solar House Party. With your home as the hosting site, Downstream would provide food and beverages as well as a short presentation followed by a Q&A session. The whole event might last 1-2 hours depending on audience engagement and discussions. Contact Us to learn more about Solar Parties or check out our Facebook events page to attend one near you.
The fine print:
- Referral rewards will be paid upon completion of the installation.
- You do not need to already have solar or to be a customer of Downstream’s to reap the rewards.
- Referrals must not already be registered with Downstream to be qualified as a lead in the program.
- Your referral payments may be taxable, therefore it is important to consult your tax advisor.
*This program was last updated 7/12/18.