Position Title: Temporary Carpenter/Laborer
Downstream Construction is receiving resumes for a Temporary carpenter/laborer to support our new home construction and solar installation needs. If the need persists we may consider full-time employment after the initial 6-Month term.
The successful candidate will be a person who —
- Can use a wide variety of tools;
- Is comfortable with heights;
- Is safety oriented;
- Has effective communication skills;
- Is accustomed to working in a collaborative environment;
- Presents themselves professionally both on and off the jobsite;
- Is detail oriented;
- Is diligent, ambitious, and works well independently;
- Is dedicated to quality.
Timeline: Qualified candidates are encouraged to apply immediately. Cover letters and resumes must be received by Friday, September 21st, 2018. Remit resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org
Primary Workshop Location is Forestport, New York with Construction projects typically located within an hour radius of Forestport and solar installation projects up to three hours away.
This position focuses on energy efficient residential construction and photovoltaic system installation.
The following responsibilities include:
- Basic knowledge of carpentry skills.
- Ability to utilize hand/power tools.
- Communicate effectively and efficiently within the team and directly to their foreman.
- Be consistently punctual on the jobsite.
- Be willing to spend up to two nights away during solar installations.
- Ability to climb ladders and work on roofs.
- Willingness to step into other roles as necessary and learn new tasks.
Required Skills and Qualifications:
- Have a clean driver’s license and their own transportation.
- Have their own basic hand tools.
- Strong work ethic with an ability to efficiently organize and execute a variety of tasks.
- Ability to interact with customers and co-workers with honesty, clarity, enthusiasm, and the well placed comedic relief.
- Strong organizational and communication skills.
Compensation: Compensation will be between $14-$17/hour and will depend on the skills and experience of the applicant.
Downstream Construction, LLC is a progressive construction company dedicated to raising the bar in Central New York and Central Colorado. Our focus from the outset is to provide an exceptional customer experience while delivering the best possible product our team is capable of. Our services range from custom home building to timber-framing to implementing solar energy systems and efficiency measures. We are also dedicated to promoting growth from within and strongly encourage our employees to partake in health promoting activities and lifestyles.
Please submit your resume and cover letter to:
Nick Kirk email@example.com.
Please use the subject line “Carpenter/Laborer Position”.
No telephone calls, please.
Downstream Construction is an equal opportunity employer and will not discriminate against any employee or applicant on the basis of age, color, disability, gender, national origin, race, religion, sexual orientation, veteran status, or any classification protected by federal, state, or local law.
11964 River road
Forestport, NY 13338